Booking Terms & Conditions
The terms below are the "default terms" adopted by Bunty unless we (Lucia and Sandy) provide you with other terms in writing prior to accepting your reservation.
- The hire of a vehicle is a contract between the customer or individual who books the motorhome and the owner of the motorhome, and the customer pays all money directly to the owner of the motorhome- Via either a) Bank transfer into Bunty Motorhome hire or b) Credit or debit card payment C) Through our website www.motorhomehirelincoln.co.uk
- A booking deposit of £200 is to be paid upon booking. This is then deducted from the total Hire cost. This deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation (please see our cancellation policy). Cancellation can be by either party.
- A confirmation of the booking will be emailed to you.
- The balance is due 4 weeks prior to commencement of hire. Any late payment allows the owner to cancel the booking and you will lose your deposit and any monies already paid.
- If the total cost of hire is under £200 then the deposit will be deemed this amount
- Please note that any false representation of any documentation will result in cancellation of your booking even at short notice and loss of all monies already paid. (this excludes the damage deposit)
- please note no children under 4
- The owner will ask the customer for a bond or security deposit, of £1000 or equal to the excess required by the insurance company. This is payable at the time of balance or on the day of collection- Please advise us Which you’d like to do. This is refundable if the booking is cancelled. The refundable amount will be the security bond minus any charges or damages that may occur during the period of hire.
- It is possible for customers to insure themselves for this deposit through a third party insurer. Any cost to us which may occur through damages, fines, fuel or other deductions will be taken from the damage deposit and it will be the hirer’s responsibility to reclaim their money back through their third party insurer.
- It is the customers responsibility to make sure that the funds will be cleared on the day for the damage deposit. We- Bunty’s Motorhome Hire will not let the van go out until all the monies have cleared into our bank account. If the funds have not cleared we will not be liable for any fees for late check in to sites, missed ferries or any other costs associated with a late departure.
It is your responsibility to make sure the funds will be clear before your departure
- Age: In order to hire our vehicle, you must be between the ages of 23 - 75 years old inclusive AND have a minimum of 2 years (24 months) of driving experience.
- The van can be driven on a standard manual UK car license (Catagory B)
- There may be (rarely) additional charges depending on the driver's details and intended destination. Eg- EU destinations Please Ask.
- If you or the additional driver have had an accident please inform us for insurance reasons as there may be added costs. This MUST be without delay for all accidents or damages small or large. This will give us time to rectify it for the next user.
- If the Hirer fails to disclose any damages until the return then they will be fined an unspecified amount to compensate the next user of the motorhome.
- Proof of identity with photo must be produced prior to commencement of hire, with original driver's license. We also require a check code.
- You must complete the driver's questionnaire and have signed it.
- You need to provide two proof of. Address. This can either be two utility bills or one utility bill and a bank statement. These must all be dated within 90 days of the commencement of hire and correlate to the address on your license.
- All drivers must be present when the vehicle is picked up. Failure to have all drivers present may result in the hire being cancelled and all money paid will be non-refundable.
- No. events eg festivals/ Sporting events
- Europe: For those traveling into the EU or Switzerland, there is an additional daily charge. Please ask.
- Insurance is Fully Comprehensive.
- The excess is £1000.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide their own holiday insurance to cover personal items and belongings and personal injury in the event of an accident. We will under no circumstances be liable.
- Dash cam must be used at all times whilst driving and footage must not be deleted. Failure to comply with this will result in a discretionary fine of £100.
Our vehicles may not be used in stop-start situations, such as support vehicles for any type of charity run, walk, bike ride. It cannot be used for taxing or for the transportation of goods ore the storage of prohibited or illegal items or goods.
Pet Policy if applicable
- Where "pet policy applies” We (Bunty motorhome hire) are willing to accept small well behaved pets, on the basis that guests are reminded that they would be responsible for any damage done by the pet, and the owner reserves the right to charge an extra £45 cleaning fee if there is a lot of hair left in the van on its return. This is at the Owners discretion.
Fines & Penalties or Congestion Charges
- The customer shall settle all fines and penalties incurred during the term of hire. If penalty notices arrive at our home address, these will be forwarded to you as soon as they are received in order for you not to incur late payment fees. If we are away on holiday then the fines will be sent to you at our earliest possible convenience- you will still be liable for any late charges. This will be as soon as they come into our possession.
- If the vehicle is left in an unclean state then we, the owners are entitled to take it to a professional company to be cleaned. You, the Hirer, will be invoiced for this cost. Professional cleaning may also be required if the van smells, this could be from smells released whilst cooking, such as fish and chips, curries or this could be from wet dogs, mud or anything else.
- The outside of the vehicle must be returned clean to allow for inspection of damage.
- Any excess costs will be deducted from the damage deposit upon return. This may include cleaning charges, penalties for not emptying the cassette, water tanks or waste water, pet hair or smells or damages to the van.
- The customer is responsible for emptying the toilet and waste tanks prior to returning the vehicle. Failure to do so will incur a charge of £50.
- We operate a NO SMOKING policy in all vehicles. This also includes the smoking of illegal substances whether inside or outside the van during the period of hire. We also have a no tolerance policy on drugs and these must not be used during the hire period.
- Wild camping is staying overnight without access to ehu (electric hook-up) or mains water. It is permissible to wild camp but not on consecutive nights.
- Please inform us of any intentions to do so
- Every effort is made by the motorhome owner to ensure the vehicle is in a safe and roadworthy condition prior to each and every hire.
- The motorhome owner shall be under no liability for any third-party claims or damages in connection with or in consequence of, any accident or breakdown.
- Our vehicles have breakdown insurance. In the event of a breakdown, contact (Primary) +4478716032223 or (Secondary) +447394999466
- Approval must be obtained from the motorhome owner in respect of repairs and replacements.
- The maximum height of your vehicle is clearly stated. Any overhead damage is the responsibility of the customer.
- Tyre damage including punctures, and damage to the windscreen and windows are the customer's responsibility.
- Any call out charges due to negligence on the part of the customer; for example, flat batteries, wrong fuel, lost keys etc will be their own responsibility.
- Any damage to the awning caused by misuse (using in wind or storm)
- Force Majeure applies for the company’s benefit no refunds will be given in this instance. (Events beyond the operators control – Unfortunately events beyond our control may occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events, this means any events or circumstances which the motorhome operator could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. When an event beyond our control occurs we cannot accept any responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your agreement with us is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire. During hot weather fridges and freezers in motorhomes do not always perform as expected which is beyond our control. We will not accept any responsibility for any loss of food or beverages and no compensation will be issued.)
- A full tank of fuel will be provided with the vehicle at the start of hire and the customer is expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. There are several fulling stations within 1 mile of our home address for you to fuel up on your return.
- Fuel will be charged at £1.70 per litre if the vehicle is brought back with less fuel.
- It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that oil and water levels & tyres are checked on a daily basis.
- A gas cylinder will be supplied at the time of hire and the cost of any refill during the hire period is refundable by the motorhome owner on production of a receipt. Calor Propane must be the ONLY gas used.
- Milage is limited to 700 miles per week. Any shorter hire period will be allocated milage in advance. Extra milage is charged at 40p per mile. This may differ if you take advantage of a ‘offseason deals ’ so please always ASK for clarification.
- Peak season June-august there is unlimited UK mileage for a full week bookings
- The customer agrees not to part with the possession or control of the vehicle hired and not to allow any person other than the agreed drivers to drive the vehicle.
- The customer also agrees not to carry more passengers than the belted seating capacity (5) of the vehicle, and not to use the vehicle for carrying passengers or goods for hire.
- The customer agrees to timely communication- slow responses or no responses to emails and calls may lead to a cancellation. We will always make every effort to contact you before this would be the case.
- Please note that due to increased fire risk fire pits are not permitted to be used or stored in or around the motorhome.
Pick Up / Drop Off
- The collection is at 3 pm and drops off is no later than 10 am unless agreed otherwise in advance
- You should allow one hour for an explanation of how everything works. The explanation cannot be skipped even if it would make you miss a ferry etc.
- The motorhome is to be returned at the agreed time or earlier, otherwise, there is a risk of driving without insurance, and of inconvenience to the next user of the motorhome.
- If you encounter unavoidable delays, you MUST contact us, the motorhome owner to ensure that insurance cover is maintained.
- A £60 per hour charge will be made for vehicles returning after the agreed time.
- We offer on-street parking near our home address on a quiet street.
- To facilitate an easier handover we will provide you with videos on how to work the control panels and some essentail motorhome tasks. You must watch these.
- Intentional lateness affecting the next user will result in an unspecified fine to be decided by us, Motorhome Hire Lincoln, upto and including the full cost of the damage deposit.
- More than 4 weeks before the hire: Loss of deposit only.
- 4 weeks prior to the start of hire:50% loss of the total hire charge and the full deposit. We will make every effort to rebook the van- if we are successful we may be in a position to refund an unspecified amount
- 2 week or less the whole amount is non-refunadble.
- We reserve the right to decline a booking made within 48 hours. A full refund of your deposit will be paid.
Self-Drive Hire Terms:
To drive our vehicles, you must agree to the following conditions of hire:
- You are not under 23 and not over 75
- You have a minimum of 2 years of driving experience
- You have not had a license suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- You have not been involved in more than one Fault incident within the last 3 years
- You have no more than two convictions on your license with a maximum of 3 points per conviction
- Held a full UK driving license for a minimum of 24 months
- You have not obtained a current BA,DD or UT conviction
- You have read and understood the conditions for hire and have will sign to agree to them.